Monday, October 20, 2014

William's Perfect Storm

 
PERFECT STORM ~ When three events, usually beyond one's control, converge and create a large inconvenience for an individual. 
One of the many Blessings Of The Animals in Cincinnati that took place on the 4th and 5th of October took place here.
 Lee has to tell you what I, Sweet William The Scot, did at one of The Blessings! 
 I think all things conspired for William's perfect storm, so to say.
I had put William on a sit and stay command because another person and I play guitar for some of these services.  The service was at the point where the animals come forward for their individual
blessings.
William was watching everything intently. William sees each dog gets a treat that goes forward.  Father calls for who wants to be first, then second then third.  Someone said let the bunny go next!  No one stepped forward.  Father said "three strikes and you're out".  William hears this expression from me and he knows if on three he does not come well the door might shut and leave him out or I will lock him in the house and leave in the car. 
William broke command and I am seeing him dart through the small group to in front of the Father.
Father asked his name and one of the nuns spoke his name.  Then Father reached down and said a blessing with Williams head in his hands.  Then instead of a small Sign of the Cross on his head Father straightened up and gives a big Sign of the Cross.
 
 
 


William knows hand commands.  When Father raised his hand William goes up on his hind legs.  Father comes down with his hand, William lays down.  Now Father is going across with his hand, William is confused. I use a small circle and William does a circle.  William thinks O.K. it must be a circle.  William does two circles.  Now the group is laughing.  William has never liked laughing.  Williams tail goes down.  Then the horrible happens.  Father squirts Holy Water right in Williams face.  When William was a puppy a spray of water in the face was distraction punishment for wrong.
 
 
Williams head and tail are now down, he thinks I have lost the treat and he does not know what to do.
The lady handing out the treats reaches in the basket.  William thinks oh boy I am getting a treat, he reaches to get his treat and she drops it on the ground.  Now at home he can pick up what is on the floor.  Out I have trained him to Leave It, so as not to grab from children or pick up something bad.
William wants it so bad, and nobody is giving him the O.K. Finally William gently picks it up and carries it to the place where he was on sit and stay.  He did not eat it right away and when he finally did he ate it very slow. 
 William tried so hard to do the right thing and things kept going wrong for him.  I felt so sorry for him, for in his mind he failed.
I could not scold him for breaking the Sit and Stay Command.
This was Williams Perfect Storm.
 
Thanks for being a friend
Traveling down the road and back again
Your heart is true and your a friend of mine
Signing Off 
Sweet William The Scot

37 comments :

  1. That is just the sweetest of stories. Poor William and he was being so good !
    Big hug for being a good boy William
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you William.....and hope you get extra treats too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. William, it was great to read about the blessing and to watch the photos, many thanks that I could see this act on your blog. I'm so sorry for the treat, but your Lee is right, we shouldn't eat things from the street. Butt I know she knows how you feel and you will get a treat from her when you at home .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh William we are sorry that all those crappy things happened to you, WE want you to know you did just GREAT cos if it was us, well it would have been a "perfect mess" cos none of us is as well trained as you are.....great job buddy!!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, S.William....what a day. That wasn't a STORM...that was a TORNADO! You handled everything PURRfectly. Now that should have been caught on tape! Hope you got TREATed well with lots and lots of TREATS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh William, I'm sorry for all the confusion. I'm sure the Father didn't know how intelligent the pup was he was blessing. I think you did a fine job and you are truly blessed.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually that was a rather sweet story and sorry you got confused but all was well in the end. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet William sounds like you were caught in Murphy's Law. I hope you got extra lovin and treats from Lee. Mom was very sad that you did everything that you thought was correct and then to think you would get into trouble. Your Lee has trained you to be a super Scottie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Bentley I am trained when I want to be. I can be a real show off.
      Thanks for stopping by
      Sweet William The Scot

      Delete
  9. I don't know. Humans are so inconsistent. They want you to read their minds but I can't find them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh poor William! He wuz bein So good an got so confuzzed.
    Whut great trainin he has learned.

    Sure hope he got tons o' treats an luv "jus because".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sweet William, you were trying so hard to do everything right. you are a sweet, sweet boy!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are SORRY that thingys were so confusing fur you... butt you DID get the Blessing and Snack... in the end... and THOSE are BOTH Super. None of that confusion was YOUR FAULT buddy... YOU were Pawfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw jeez, Sweet William! You had me beat at "sit, stay". It sounds to us like you did everything just right, unfortunately, Father was not trained as well as you.

    Edgar and his mum

    ReplyDelete
  14. And he was innocent!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  15. We think William was such a good boy - he jut got a little confused but he was still such a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We think William gets bonus points for trying so hard. The people around him clearly weren't communicating clearly! We took Hailey for a blessing once and she freaked out and was embarrassing. I think if we took Phod, he would have an experience like William.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We thought it was pawsome u were trying to do tricks with the priest. You are good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We think you did everything right and since she wrote this story we can tell that your mom is really very proud of how you behaved. Well done William you were blessed and got your treat and behaved very well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That all sounds very confusing for Sweet William. I think he needs something special ...how about one of my magic cheeseburgers. Enjoy!

    Your pal, Angel Pip

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet William is scottie gold. Seriously, the poor guy - treat or no, hand signals or no, voice command or no. I'm so glad he finally got his treat and blessing!
    oxox
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sweet William...what a confusing day for you! but I bet you will be remembered by all,as if I had been there to me you would have been a standout and melted my heart :) bless you indeed Sweet William...loves Fozziemum xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, at least ya got your treat Sweet William. And dat's what really matters.

    Dat are da problem wif bein too good and knowin too much . . .

    ReplyDelete
  23. Crikey Sweet William ..... that was perfect alright, mate. You did EVERYTHING perfect. That Father bloke needs a lot of lessons in giving the right commands though, aye?? You did real good William. You lost me at the sit, stay!! I would have bombed out badly there. You did GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ringy-dingy-ding...a perfect storm? No such thing! Why, I think my Sir William did an amazing job of trying his bestest to be a good dog. Sir William is an angel-friend to all. I just know that is why he got such a special blessing.
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet William you were a fantastic Scotty and I am so very sorry you were confused :( Bless your wonderful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet William, you are just the most patient and kind hearted pup we know! Neither of us would have had the self control you showed - high five paws buddy!!
    Wally & Sammy
    PeeS: the postal strike continues and mom is just miserable because of it. We feel so, so awful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is why he is called SWEET William!! Way to try to figure it out and do your best buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sweet William you are such a good dog. I would have grabbed the treat and ran with it.

    Love Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Poor William - he tried so hard! What a good boy!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  30. Poor guy!! We went to our blessing of the animals also and had a lot of fun, but nothing like this happened! Hope you gave him an extra treat when he got home, it's not his fault he got confused :) Blame all the other animals there too lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always makes us smile when you pop onto our blog. Funny I saw an ad in our local paper for dog walkers at our no kill shelter. I thought of Charlie right away and how you wonder how he had learned to walk if he had not had a previous owner. Bless those that give of their time.
      Thanks for stopping by Finn.

      Delete
  31. I know how William feels, I get confused at these kinds of things too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Sweet William, who could blame you! Hey, I likes laughter, butts I hate sneezin' and coughin' (it's really fun when Ma gets a cold! bol), so I can't blame you for bein' confused! Those hand movements are whacky! Ma hasn't taken me to one of those yet (something abouts me being 'disruptive' ), butts I wanna go! Any place that hands out treaties is pawsome in my book!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awwww poor William! What a good boy though, he was trying so hard! :-) Silly humans are always doing random hand stuff that can be confusing.
    Merry Christmas, we got our card and it is beautiful!!
    xxoxooxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete