Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Budweiser Clydesdales

I, Sweet William The Scot, went to see the Clydesdales and hear all about this hitch from Merrimack, New Hampshire.  
This is the lightweight at 1800 pounds and last to be hitched.
A single Clydesdal hitch horse will consume as much as 20-25 quarts of feed, 40-50 pounds of hay and 30 gallons of water per day.
Merlin giving me the one eyed look.  Every time I got close to him he would hide his head.  Every time I started to walk away he would neigh.  Then finally he looked me in the eye.  He was comical.









Admiral the biggest horse on this hitch coming in at just over 2,000 pounds and muscles does he have muscles.
Look at those tails I would not want my tail tied up in a knot with a bow.  
It takes just fifty minutes to get all the horses manes and tails tied pretty. Why it takes that long for Lee and me to get ready.
The harness for these magnificent animals are over 140 pounds.  Lee could not lift one.
It takes awhile for the whole team to get hitched together and Admiral the first one to get hitched has to stand there and wait and wait for the other seven.  He has patience he never moved.
I got parked in the shade where I could see everything and watch Lee.  Because of my liver issues I am not fully vaccinated this year as those vaccinations have to go through your liver.  
I had my rabies and my titers were good for my other vaccines but I am not getting canine influenza vaccine this year so Lee is keeping me out of the spotlight as I am so social and everyone wants to pet me.

Thanks for being a friend
Traveling down our road and back again
Your heart is true and your a friend of mine
Sweet William The Scot

20 comments :

  1. with 2000 pounds it must be an admiral... we love them they are so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sweet William, thank you so much for showing us those magnificent Clydesdales. Lee's photos are wonderful. But gosh, if ever Gail suggests that I am high maintenance I shall remind her that at least I am not a 2000 pound horse!
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.
    PS It's good t see you getting out and about, even if you are kept out of the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    My word, SW, these are just gawjuss hosses, are they not?!! Thank you to you and Lee for getting these pickchewers fur us. I love that shy-coy look of Merlin - what a character!

    Wills, you and Lee might like two of my recent posts from when I visited a friend down in Suffolk - we went to the Suffolk Punch Trust and saw the heavy horses there!
    This is about the visit itself and then This is more pretty pickchewers!

    Hugs and wags and POTP, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      BOL - I saw your mention of the 'therapy horse' on a flight - I too would be pawfeckly happy to have such a travelling companion; most animals actually. Might draw the line at some of these though! (That is not my article, but I do write for that publication; clicking TMHC logo at top will take you to main page and scroll to see my pieces.) Yxx

      Delete
    2. Oh the poor sloth would draw the line on him. Why they can starve to death on a full stomach. Why they only urinate/defecate once a week so in flight the bathroom would be free.
      SWTS

      Delete
  4. They are such gorgeous animals (scotties are more gorgeous). Our cousin in VA has one. It is huge and so gentle.

    We're constantly sending out healing vibes and POTP for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing sight those horses must be! You're so lucky to have not only seen them, but talked to them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What handsome and beautiful horses those are! Why, yes, they sure get 'done up' way faster than the peeps around here, BOL!

    Glad you were able to have a good and y=up close visit with those equines.
    And glad you are feeling well enough to do so, too. POTP to you, SWTS! And hugs to you both:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that equipment and horsepower just to keep my peep in beer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that equipment and horsepower just to keep my peep in beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.K. Kismet memory fart when you drink so much you can't remember you just left the comment three minutes ago it's time to put down the paper sack.
      Sugar Billy

      Delete
    2. It's not that. You turned on moderation and I thought my comment disappeared.

      Delete
  9. Those horses sure are beautiful. You are so lucky to get to see them where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful horses. Did you have fun with the shy Merlin. So happy to see you out and about and on the mend. Special hugs and POTP are still coming your way.
    Your Friend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some magnificent horses! How cool you got to see them.
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Ma does looooooves the Clydesdales! I am sure they really wanted to gives you a ride, butts the other doggie got there furst...bummer! Wells, it seems that tying up the horses tails takes as long as Ma does to do her furs! BOL!!!! Thanks for the pawsome photos SW!!! And, I am sendin' lots and lots of POTP your way my pal! I hopes you are feelin' betters, and will be in tip top shape real soon. {{{hugs}}}
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness Sweet William, those horses are HUGE! I bet you would have liked to go right up to them for a good sniff! On the other hand, I bet you could smell them just fine from where you were in the shade. I hope you are feeling good. Kisses from Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heavens, those are some big horses! Did you bark at them? I like to bark at horses, myself.

    You've always been a friend to me, Sweet William, I don't get around Blogville much anymore as I'm busy assisting mum with supervision of the human puppy. He's not so bad...he drops a LOT of food and has discovered that it's quite fun to feed me his castoffs, so I'd say we are getting along.

    I've been getting spoiled a lot lately, as I'm not long for this world...mum took me to the
    V-E-T last week, and I'm afraid she says I have something called lymphoma and there is not much to be done. Mum's eyes have been leaking a lot and she's been trying to snuggle me and stuff, but other than that I'm not sure what the difference is...I'm feeling just fine! Anyhoo, take care my friends.

    Edgar and his mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Edgar, I'm so sorry the V-E-T gave your mom bad news. We are sending her hugs.

      Delete
  15. I hopes you are doin' well SW! I just wanted to lets you know that I am thinkin' of you and sendin' lots and lots of POTP and Lee lots of AireZens!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete