Thursday, September 6, 2012

WINNER To Name That Song

 
I have a winner! And the winner is Finn Howard. Finn knows his music he was determined to win his Mom and himself a present. Finn gave the correct answer last time, but was not the number I called for. Finn kept trying and he won this time.
Since only two bloggers answered correctly last time I, Sweet William The Scot, wanted to mix it up a little. So I said the first one to give me the correct answer wins. All other correct answers go into the fish bowl for a draw for the last tote. Don't worry I put the fish in the toilet to keep him safe. Lee don't flush.
Uh! Oh! I used that to indicate concern, the fish just had a mildly unfortunate event.
My song was "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce.
A posthumous Billboard Hot 100 and Cash Box Top 100 Singles chart number-one hit for Jim Croce. It was also a number-one hit on the Billboard Easy Listening chart. The song reached the top spot on the Billboard chart at the end of December 1973, three months after his death in a plane crash. Our clues were the clock and watch in a bottle.  Still were not quite sure, if you enlarged the photo my paw is on September 20th date on the calendar which is the date Jim Croce died.
 
If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you
  
Now I have already asked Finn to pick his tote. Finn picked our Blue Daisy tote, his favorite color is blue.
What is inside Finn's tote you ask? I didn't hear you asking!!


So Finn inside the tote you picked I had packed one rope pull toy, one chewy strip, one small windchime and a plastic card. What the heck is a plastic card doing in my tote. Well it is a $15 gift card for you to take your Mommy to Starbucks. Your prize package is worth $25 plus of course you get our 100% organic heavy cotton tote also.
Enjoy, you deserve it Finn. You are a great player of this game.
 
Now everyone who gave me the correct answer will have their name put into the fish bowl draw for the remaining tote.

They are ~
Basset Momma
Cokie the Cat
 and don't forget George The Lad is in from last time
                
Thanks for being a friend
Traveling down the road and back again
Your heart is true and your a friend of mine.
Signing Off
Sweet William The Scot

This landed at Lunken Airport last Friday evening and caused a traffic headache for Lee and me getting home.  I saw on the internut the press is charging $6.49 for a glossy picture, (that is really nutty)  feel free to take my picture. If you hit on the picture and enlarge to full screen it is  quite similar likeness shot.  "Believe in America", well I already did!
 

23 comments :

  1. Thank you thank you!!! I am so excited and I will try to take my Momma to starbucks like you said BUT I will make sure my rope toy and my chewey treat get some good love first! I am just so excited!!! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I love loading your blog because of the great music - what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I just love Finn's name i bet he is a super duper little dog, second what cool gifts you gave...that was just so much fun, maybe my mom will UNDERSTAND the rules better next time...
    have a great thursday
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Finn!

    Love ya lots
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should have got that...SHE's hopeless. SHE even loves Jim Croce!

    XXXOOO Daisy,Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congats Finn, good job on being so fast!!!

    Your Pals
    Susie & Recliner Bites

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about a drawing for those of us who are too stupid to come up with a correct answer? What's that you say, I'm the only one? Yippppeeee, I win that drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Momma remembers that song. It was one of her favorites when she was a LOT younger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS FINN !!! That is a super duper Cool PRIZE PRESSIE fur SURE.


    I think I know the NEXT song... HOUND DOG !!

    PeeS... I will let you know about the Castle Date and Time... when LORI lets ME know... She is the "OFFICIAL TOUR GUIDE" fur this trip. hehehe Is Sw. Wm. going to go to the Castle? If so... Ernie and I will go too. Otherwise.. we will stay at the park and "WATCH DAD"... which is pretty boring. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finn is one smart dog. Congratulations to him. My MOM likes that song by the way.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATS TO FINN!!!

    We've been missing you and your blog, and hope that you are doing great--THANKS for having a fun contest--We'll pay better attention next time so we can join in too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sw. Wm. Lori says we will be at the Castle on MONDAY 17th. approx. NOON. Are YOU gonna go with your Lee? If you are... Ernie and I will come along TOO so we can meet in the FURS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS to Finn!! What a great bag!! I love seeing your picture of you Sweet William, it just makes me melt!!! ;-)

    loving wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Finn and OMD where have I been? I totally missed this one. Bummer, but I am happy for the winners and Mommy loves that song.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to Finn and we got it wrong again. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, my friend, I'll give you MY picture for FREE!!! Believe in ME!!!

    I wish I could figure out your songs.

    ArooOOOOO! Stu

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go Finn!

    You're such a pawsome host William.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Conratulations to Finny!!!

    The price would even be more awesome if we get sweet Wilim to go with that, too.

    Huggies and Cheese,
    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, read about the Heart on your moms arm, OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!, just shows you how precious we are to our peeps. Dad says that all the previous Scotties while over the Bridge before Bites was born installed in him all the good traits each had, I think I got some also cause Dad calls me his NUMBER 1 Girland is always giving me hugs & Kisses!!!

    Your Bestest Furends
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Finn!!!
    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for Finn winning your contest. Time in a Bottle well I'll be...never would have crossed our minds. What a great contest you have been hosting Sweet William
    Hugs Madi your BFFF

    ReplyDelete