Sunday, April 1, 2012

HOME SWEET HOME

I want to show you my home. Here I am at my front door. You Like? 
 We have a real fixer upper, needs a lot of rehab. Perhaps an indoor bathroom, oh no I don't need one but, Lee thinks it would be nice! I told you Lee loves antiques!!!!!
 
At the well by the side door with my friend, Flat George!
 

The old Cold Cellar where we go when tornadoes come! 

Rain Barrel behind property. Sun glints off of metal roof.
.

Gate going into all the flowers that were popular in the 1800's.
In the wonderful old flower bed with Flat George!
The old metal bucket where I take my bath!
The Old Corn Crib
 The Old Dinner Bell! Stop by sometime for dinner when you hear the bell!
Oh this is our Out House, excuse me for a moment while I take care of my business. Be Right Back!!



                                   



                                                                       
                                                       
Got to wash my paws after being in the Out House.



BAWHAHAHA not my house you silly people if you believed me. That was a terminological inexactitude. DICTIONARY But the cabin is in walking distance from my home, so I thought you might enjoy seeing the old log cabin.
The first settler to my area was Ichabod Benton Miller. Ichabod Benton Miller purchased 440 acres in Anderson Township on April 2, 1796. The log house Miller built on his property around 1796. He lived in this log cabin on what is now Clough Pike. This house is now a well known historical landmark of Cincinnati's first settlements. This house was built a few years before the state of Ohio became an official state!
This house is the area's oldest continually occupied house having been lived in until 1968! Could you imagine that? After that family moved out, the cabin was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The house is named for the first and last families who owned it. "Miller-Leuser Log House" http://www.remarkableohio.org/HistoricalMarker.aspx?historicalMarkerId=106194

Thanks For Being My Friend ~ Traveling Down The Road and Back Again ~ Your Heart Is True and Your a Friend of Mine!
Signing Off
Sweet William The Scot

27 comments :

  1. Sweet William that was a wonderful trick and you did have me going BOL. That place is really cool actually and the pictures are fun and interesting. We live near a place called Greenfield Village where they have a lot of historic houses and Mom and Dad love it. I can't go in of course cause NO DOGS ALLOWED. I am glad you could visit this one and did you really go in the pottyhouse??

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had us going for a few minutes. What a fantastic place...they don't make strong houses like that anymore. Thanks for showing it to us. Glad to see Flat George enjoying himself...though he's a lot bigger than when he visited us.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You funny funny boy. I did not know Iwas supose to wash m paws after... you know.
    Blessings,
    Goosey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yessssss! A corn crib for making popcorn but even better is the DINNER BELL! I'm on my way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you Sweet William,
    You had me going there too!! bol I thought WOW! what a cool house!! Too funny but thanks for sharing that was neat!! You are looking handsome as ever!!

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great tour Sweet William...... but did you throw growing juice on Flat george??!!?? he's HUGE!!!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very clever April Fool William! We did wonder about the no indoor bathroom thing, but then plenty of folk in my country still live in houses much older than that (albeit with bathrooms now installed).
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really had me goin', sweet William and my mom too. She loves antiques and historic homes! Happy April!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahahhahaha! Oh that was a good one William :D Actually I kinda would like to live in a place like that (would want indoor plumbing though ;)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sw. Wm.... it's ME (Frankie Furter) comin to you from Sarge's Computer. WOW buddy you really had me totally fooled there fur a while. What a grrreat place to visit.... and to take US.. on April Fool's Day!! I'm just sayin buddy.

    I'll bet that Flat George REALLY loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BWHahahahah...Me was almost expecting an APRIL FOOL joke at da end. Me kind of likes da idea of da storm cellar fur tornadoes and tings though. Every buddy should haves one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me fooled....Beth said that would be an awesome place to live! She really likes stuff like that....

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me fooled to, what have you been feeding FG or are you very tiny:)
    You make a great tour guide.
    Have a good week
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great trick that was! I love the old cabin. I've always wanted a log cabin. One with a bathroom inside of course! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! She just told him that you didn't have a bathroom!!!! HAHAHAHAHA you really tricked her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a very cool tour of your home.....hey William - your won our Zentagle competition....Mom is waiting for a photo from you so she can start your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We really enjoyed this William! You look like you were having a great time too. We like to see the places where our blog dog buddies live. Thanks for sharing!

    Woof.

    Groucho

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a really cool log cabin! I'm glad that you took us & Flat George to visit it with you. My people love exploring old places like that with me.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi There! Just stopping by to wish you a very Happy Easter too.

    Hugs

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You totally had me going! I thought that really was your house!

    Happy Easter!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was thinking "ooh, what a cool place to live!"

    Hey, I don't understand your "403 Forbidden thingey either."

    RoooOOOOOOdley-OOO Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! What a great post!

    Roooo, Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! What a great photo tour!

    Aroo, Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! What great photos!

    aroo, Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are really getting your blog into shape! Your expanded header and the background are exceptional. Mazel tov on figuring out how to do all of this.

    We'd checked the date of this post first thing because we hadn't stopped by in a while, so we were sure from the start that this was not your real house. But it was a very clever post, and we're sure Flat George, XL version, was thrilled to take the tour with you.

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your blog looks awesome over here!!! BOL! You HAD us there for a minute!!! Pretty cool log cabin you have there...very cool place to explore!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete