Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pip and Puddles and William

You see me here?  Guess where I am?
I am waiting for Pip and Puddles.
Look what sits in my backyard.
Well I just told an  inexactitude ~ I'm bad!  It sits one street over from my backyard.
They are here!
I saw on Pip's Bucket List he wanted to see an exorcism performed.
The Athenaeum of Ohio – Mount St. Mary's Seminary of the West, originally St. Francis Xavier Seminary, is the third-oldest Roman Catholic seminary in the United States.
From 1955 to 1963 more than $5 million was funneled into seminary building expansion and reconstruction required after a 1956 fire that gutted the south wing of the existing building.  If you look closely the terra cotta tile roof on the left is newer than the right side.  The left side is the south wing.
The home of The Athenaeum of Ohio is a Cincinnati landmark - an elegant granite building in Romanesque style with a terra cotta tile roof. It stands on a 75-acre wooded and well maintained site in the Mount Washington area at the far eastern limits of the city.
  Yep I live in the far eastern limits of the city.  On two sides of our home within a fourth of a mile sits the corporation line.
Now Pip and Puddles you let me do all the talking.  Exorcisms are expensive and I only have a few dollars.
 Let Me In Wee Ooh.  The doors weigh a ton, well almost. 
Hello can you help us.  It is William, Pip and Puddles. We need a priest.  We need and exorcism on Puddles to rid her of the demons of Cheetos and Beer.
They said Scram Sam.
Wait we are William, Pip and Puddles.
Maybe they only speak Latin.  I know some Latin, Pig Latin.

eway reaay erehay orfay naay xorcismeay foay hetay emonsday foay eerbay ndaay heetoscay romfay uroay riendfay uddlespay
 pig latin translator
They said Hit the Road Jack and don't you come back / No more, no more, no more, no more.  
What's wrong with them ~ they don't understand we are William, Pip and Puddles.
In 2004, The Athenaeum of Ohio-Mount St. Mary's Seminary celebrated its 175th anniversary, just one year after the State of Ohio celebrated its bicentennial year.
The detail in this structure is unbelievable!

Pip and Puddles must be in a hurry they could not wait and sped out of here so fast they did not get to see the grounds.  Puddles was so nice and understanding, why she had nothing to say, quiet as can be.  When she drove off she threw me a can of Whoop A$$.  So nice of her.  I wonder if I have to heat it or I can eat it cold. 
Sorry Pip that is one Bucket List wish I could not make happen.  Love Ya Pip
When the grounds of the Athenaeum were first planted in the late 1920s, a conscious effort was made to preserve existing trees and enhance the acreage with a variety of trees and foliage from around the world.  Well with the storms we have had the last couple of years several of the beautiful trees have been taken down and being that it is winter here in Cincinnati it would be hard to show you the beauty of the grounds.  So maybe in the summer I will take you on a tour of the grounds.
 
Thanks for being a friend
Traveling down the road and back again
Your heart is true and your a friend of mine
Signing Off
Sweet William The Scot
 Bye, Bye
Drive safe you two!

  

 Breaking News! 

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns  ~ Lighting Strikes Vatican! 

 Puuuddles  
 
Psss  ~  If you want to leave a reply to someones comment you must go thru Google Chrome. For some reason even though I have it set up properly it is not working on Internet Explorer today.
 

45 comments :

  1. OH Sweet William the building is Gorgeous... It is very hard to believe that they would NOT allow you to even ENTER... Must have been more than the language barrier.. Maybe they were busy looking through their Spring Planting Catalogs checking fur replacement trees.

    You got a can of WHUP ASS? THAT was a very much nice THANK YOU gift from Puddles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psst ...Sweet William I am not sure it worked. We sped right out of town to the nearest gas station and she filled up the trunk with CHEETOS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and peaceful place. It's nice to have it so close to you. I bet you are your assistant have many lovely walks there.

    I just hate to hear about old trees being brought down by storms. We had a lovely old tree in our last house. With every storm, it grew weaker - we kept hoping that it would make it, but if finally came down. The old neighborhood was sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know SW, it may have been a sign and a good thing that Puddles didn't get to go inside, hate to see such a wonderful place in ruins, Heeheehee. Yes Trees, we need like millions of trees planted everywhere!

    Your Bestie furineds
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is just the best. We are loving seeing your hood and laughing at the same time. Brilliant. Shall we all Puddles as the next Pope or will she be starring in the next film Exorcist 2? Just have visions of her spitting out cheetos and beer, LOL! Have a super Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now Puddles, what you did to make the Pope man resign? No one ever should has letted that woman NEAR a church. Oh wells, at least that lovely building is still standing.

    love,
    Reuben

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forget the place-keep the Cheetos and beer. You're in heaven before you die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! We live in Ohio and I never knew this building existed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We would love to see the grounds when it is warmer. The seminary was very impressive, we enjoyed seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eveybody knows Puddles Demons are to powerful for an exorcist. This is hilarous. You better check the expiration on that can of Whoop Ass. I am looking forward to a sequel on this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping back by to see how you liked your can of Whoop Ass ...bawahahahhaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ever eat what's in any Can O' Whoop A$$!
      Why you could have the runs all day. I gotta run again!
      SWTS

      Delete
  12. Well Sweet William, you did Pip and Puddles proud, taking them to such a magnificent place. And, between you and me, I am pleased to hear that you couldn't find anyone to perform an exorcism on Puddles, 'cos Gail is saying that if you had, then for sure I would be next in the queue...
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL- Sweet William we wish that we still lived in Ohio and could come see the seminary with you! WHN and Dad love to visit Catholic churches, shrines etc!

    Too bad Puddles would not stick around!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMD what a beautiful building! You know, a Puddles without beer or Cheetos just isn't a Puddles! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was such a nice educational visit Sweet William and we enjoyed it. We know that Pip and Puddles enjoyed it too. Puddles just must have her beer and Cheetos. That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMD!! That is some great building Sweet William!! I loves all the detail and wonderfuls stone works. They just don't make em' like that anymore do they?
    I guess it was a good things they didn't let Puddles in....no tellin' what could have happened!! BOL Oh, I'm just joshin'....there wouldn't be any problems, I'm sure. She's been a purfect lady so far on the tour. HEHEHEHEHE
    Thanks for the wonderful tour Sweet Willam. And, I'm sure the Vatican will recover, someday...
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  17. We're not sure the exorcism would have worked on Puddles anyway. She has a tough aura that deflects that sort of thing.

    Great tour, though. Loved seeing the place even if they wouldn't grant Pip's wish.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Sweet William!
    Wow, what a cool place to take Pip and Puddles! That building is beautiful and so artistic. Too bad about the lack of exorcism, but somehow I think Puddles is happy with her vices anyway. BOL Loved the pix and thanks for letting us see it too!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cool place Sweet William. I cant believe they wouldnt let you in. Did they take a look at Puddles?? I do think Puddles likes the way she is and is Happy anyways. Dont open that can!! BOL

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a very cool place. I think they might have been afraid to let them in, well let Puddles in anyway. I am not so sure it would have worked for Puddles anyway. I still think Pip can cross that off his list, it still counts.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow that is such a beautiful building. It's too bad you all couldn't get in there. I bet it's all because Puddles had Cheeto Breath. That's ok, I'm not too sure Pip would be happy seeing Linda Blair spit pea soup outta her mouth again and spin her head around in many directions.

    Thanks for the reminder... NEVER eat a can of Whoop A**.. Sounds pretty stanky to us.

    You were a great host Sweet William.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, we did not know about that! So, was it because of Puddles that the Pope resigned?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Online Doods

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bwhahahahahaha...Okays dat pikture of me is just beautifuls...in my opinion...I likes my eyeballs. But fur da life of me I ha no idea why ya'll would even want to excercise me...or whatevers you calls it.

    So how does I send in my application to be da new Pope?

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now I has to say dat buildin' is just incredibles. Today's architecture is no wheres compared to these types of old buildings.
    Such remarkable details on just bout everything.
    Makes me kinda sad dat I not gets to see stuffs like dis everyday.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Sweet William you did show them some beautiful buildings and a very nice history of your area. I hope they appreciate it. I don't know if an exorcism would work on Puddles anyway. I am afraid of the effect it would have had on the building. I think its best they got away with little damage.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't wait to see if this exorcism works! I about lost it when I saw that picture of Puddles getting exorcised. What a beautiful place. I would love to see the grounds in full bloom. A wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Sweet William! I loved your post and it just reinforces what a good friend you are! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a well thought out outing for the World Bucket List Tour..... I hear they are visiting me tomorrow!! Can't wait!

    You are a dear friend, Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. That Pip and Puddles sure get around! They are due to land in Oregon on Friday...hope they make it...BOL!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Puddles is too much fun, she doesn't need and exorcism!

    ReplyDelete
  31. They sure do get around, don't they? We are pretty sure that the exorcism wouldn't work anyway...they are pretty addicted to those cheetos! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is so funny, perhaps the priest can get Puddles to give my Diamonds back..BOL Keep us posted on the exorcism..BOL xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie















    ReplyDelete
  33. SW, I LOVE reading your posts about your town, it's so interesting and She loved the photographs - what an amazing place!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It was worth a try SW...you brave, brave dog!

    What an amazing place you live in!

    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Bravo Bravo Bravo....an Exorcisim for the Puddles is hilarious!! I bet dollars to doughnuts it did not work.

    I just hate it when folks get names wrong. William that was too funny about the names and how you tied in the songs too.

    Great visit
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  36. That was some tour. Thanks Sweet William. Did the exorcism work????

    Arooo, Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fiгѕt οf аll I would like to say aωeѕοme blog!
    I had a quiсκ queѕtion thаt I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I've had difficulty clearing my mind in gettіng mу thoughts οut there.
    Ӏ ԁo enjoy ωriting howeveг it just sеems like
    thе first 10 to 15 minutеѕ are usuallу ωastеd ѕіmply
    јust trying to fіgure out hоw to begin.
    Аny іԁeas oг tіps?

    Cheeгs!

    Here іѕ my blog :: Www.biggreeneggguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, Sweet William. As for the exorcism, maybe a laying of the hands might have worked better anyway (along with scritches and pats)

    Wee being Scottish and all, we are reluctant to leave the ambience of your site, but we must..we so enjoyed our visit and photos!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh sweet william!!! you get to go to the bestest places. I need to see some of this stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What an incredible piece of architecture in your own back yard Sweet William! Beautiful! I am very disappointed that they wouldn't let y'all in to perform that exorcism on Puddles - shame that is ;P She looked a bit petrified there for a moment BOL! So how'd that woopass taste? Did you serve it like a sloppy joe? Just wonderin :)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  41. I don't think an Exorcist can fix Puddles...it will take more than that...BOL!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi william, theres something on my blog for you!
    I hope you don't mind!
    Pippa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, you don't need to type all of the stuff I did! It took ages!

      Delete