Monday, August 10, 2015

NOMS Friends

Last August 5th in the Blogosphere it was NOMS day....Not of My Species Day Friend.
I learned that at my Friends FurEver Raz's Blog.
Well since the Canine Influenza is still hitting us hard in Nati City and I am still staying at home because I just got my first shot last week ~ I get the second shot two weeks from now ~ I thought I would show you my NOMS Friend.
Meet Henrietta.
She is one of six chicken and her owner has a German Shepard.
 Hennie as I, Sweet William The Scot, call her lives next door.  But Hennie hops to the top of her fence and flies over my fence to visit me.
"Why did the chicken cross the fence?"
 
First she chases me.  I put my tail down and run round the tree in the center of my back yard.  Man can that girl peck my butt.  Then I turn the tables and chase Hennie, boy can her little legs run and she flops her wings cackling as she runs.  We make a game of it till Hennie gets tired, then we just lay down in the grass.  Hennie is a free range chicken being allowed constant access to the outdoors, with plenty of fresh vegetation, sunshine and room to exercise.
Why she likes me so much she will leave me an egg sometimes when she visits.
And every time Lee gets the camera to take pictures, why she is camera shy and goes home.
Lee says we are waking up with the chickens’ for we hear Hennie every morning at first light.
 
Now cats can be NOMS Friends sometimes.
World Cat Day was August 8th.
Awhile back I talked about Give Them Ten Campaign to neuter and spay all cats.  Why I even sent two Tom Cats on the Scooter Shuttle myself to have them neutered.  Well now besides Scooter the Neutered Cat they have Spayed Marmalade she lost her lady parts hitting the commercial world for
Give Them Ten Movement.
 
Hope you liked that 30 second commercial!
The Chronicles of Wallace & Samuel are celebrating their 3 year Blogaversay Tuesday, August 11th.  So I am giving them a shout out "Happy Blogaversay" Wallace & Samuel.
 
 "A canine flu outbreak has sickened many dogs in the Midwest, and veterinarians are cautioning pet owners everywhere to keep their dogs from going nose-to-nose with other four-legged friends. The virus has sickened at least 1,000 dogs in Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio and Indiana.  Dogs that live in urban areas and are frequently exposed to other dogs should also be vaccinated".  We in Nati City here this every day.
 
Hopefully by next week we will be seeing a break in this Canine Influenza and I can be out an about showing more of my city because we have some interesting things going on here.
We have giant lego blocks around the city.  We have the Rubber Duck Regatta.  The Harriet Beecher Stowe home to show you.   Oh my list goes on and on.

Thanks for being a  friend
Traveling down the road and back again
Your heart is true and your a friend of  mine
Signing Off 
Sweet William The Scot

25 comments :

  1. I figure only being friends with your own species is awfully limiting! Heck, we're a three-species family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fabulous friend you have... one who gives you even an egg.... I'mm egg-sided, William :o) and that's the proof that NOM is pawsible.. even between dog and chicken... and that bipeds can learn a lot from us dogs and from chicken, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD Sir William...that commercial for Marmalade (who just got spayed) is hilarious!!! But it does get the point across. I sure hope more people give to that great cause. It's too bad the canine influenza is still in your Nati City. I sure do love when you take us on a tour. I can't wait to see all that is going on! Happy Monday.
    Your friend, until the end....
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stay safe and well Sweet William, hope that canine flu stuffs disappears soon
    I luffs your Hennie friend, what a great companion
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, there's nothing special about NOMS day. I don't know any other parrots (damnitall).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I think I must be some kind of a Billy No Mates. I don't have any NOMS friends (unless Gail counts of course). Your Hennie pal looks the best of fun, but we do hope this canine 'flu bug goes away soon as we just love your city tours and are missing them.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Hennie is very pretty and I am glad you have fun together. So sorry to hear of the nasty flu keeping you grounded... better safe than sorry though, eh? Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sweet William, you can't go out so you have friends that come and visit with you a while and leave you presents. Mom loves your flower. Don't rush going our even though you have shots.
    Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know about NOMS day. That's prettykewl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our Mom use to have the most wonderful bantam chickens many years ago - Fifi and Esmeralda. They were two of the friendliest and cutest chickens ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hennie is a Plymouth Rock chicken. They are layers of large brown eggs and able to withstand cold weather quite nicely. They have six chickens. Two more like Hennie and three red ones. Hennie is the only one that shows an interest in people and dogs.
      SWTS

      Delete
  11. We see chickens at the school Ag plot, but we can't get close to them. We'd probably chase them anyway.. That flu sounds rough. You stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How very nice of Hennie to come over and keep you company while you have to stay stuck at home. Better to be safe than sorry - do not want you to get sick
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  13. I havent had a chance to meet someone who is not a puppy or human but I hope I do. I will let you know first if that happens.

    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For some reason, I are gettin hungry for chikken dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope that flu goes away soon. We had it in our area for several months, but it has finally gone away. Stay safe!

    Hennie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMD, what a FABulous cluck-cluck!!! (that's what the neighbor kids call the chickens who live down the road)
    I loves your game of tag, and that she leaves you a prize at the end!!! What an amazin' NOM!
    Wells, I hope that you can gets out and about soon SW! That flu thingie is terribles! Butts, better to be safe than sorry! I can't waits to see all the thingies happenin' in your FABulous city!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH we loved that cat commercial...it was so funny and so true, we also love sweet will that you have a chicken friend, that just shows that you are a all around good guy...just like we always knew.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hennie looks so sweet, how could she peck at you?? BOL! We used to have chickens next door too, and they tried to visit me too...but they didn't chase me. (Howevfur I did try chasing them and yes they forgot to fly and they cackled and stumbled and hopped onto the top of our fence out of reach...)

    I have kitty brofurs and they are my NOMS well, Minko more so than Pipo who whaps me at any opportunity...

    Hope that nasty canine flu goes away...really soon. There was a case or two of that here in MI, too:(

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun that you have a chicken for a friend. We hope you stay safe and don't catch that flu.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sw. William.....great Scot..you have chicken chasing you?
    I love the pink flower
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  21. We heard about that canine flu! Scary stuff. Hope you had a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nevfur had a burd furiend... but I gots lotsa cat buddies... I usta snuggle up wiff Jez and now I naps wiff Crockett... kitties can be gud buddies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I tagged ya in da Eight Photos of Happiness Challenge... head on ovfur to my blog fur da rules of da game if ya wants to do it!

      Delete