Monday, August 24, 2015

Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky
Rubber Ducky, you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you;

(woh woh, bee doh!)

Rubber Ducky, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise!
Rubber Ducky, you're my very best friend, it's true!
We are getting closer to my Rubber Ducky
Why I just love my Rubber Ducky!
 My Rubber Ducky is looking out figuring the fast route.
 It's the 21st Annual Rubber Duck Regatta, Sunday, September 6th.
As many as 200,000 ducks will swim in the Ohio River and I, Sweet William The Scot, own six of those Ducks!
All the money raised goes to help the Cincinnati Freestore Foodbank going directly to providing meals for hungry children in our community.
Years ago Buddy Gray an activist for the homeless in Cincinnati was a friend of  Lees.
He started the Drop Inn Center which feeds homeless.
On November 15, 1996 a mentally-ill homeless man, whom Buddy Gray had helped, shot Gray to death in his office at the Drop Inn Center.
We always want to help those less fortunate souls.
The first prize winner will receive a 2016 Honda HR-V and possibly $1 million, if their duck is the KEMBA Million Dollar Duck. The second prize winner will receive $100 from Kroger every week for a year ($5,200 total), and five additional winners will receive $500 cash from KEMBA Credit Union. Ducks, which are $5 each or six for $25.
The Great American Quacky Games take place August 28th on Fountain Square to get us going.
 Oh if I won I would kiss those big red lips.
My Lee never got this picture up last year.  Look at all the Rubber
Duckys ready to swim the Ohio River last year.
 
Thanks for being a  friend
Traveling down the road and back again
Your heart is true and your a friend of  mine

Signing Off 
Sweet William The Scot
Don't forget  Oreo's Demolition Derby at the Blogville County Fair. The derby will be held on August 29th.
The Big Toe with Bella driving, Kismet giving direction from overhead and me, Wills, doing the dirty work are available if you need help.
I got to check this out real close because I lost my glasses.
Oh I am so happy with what I got in the mail.  Why can't you tell it brought a smile to my face.
The beautiful card and "Life's better with a Scottish Terrier" magnet came from my bestest friends Lassie and Benji.  Why I cannot agree more!  Why it is just a crackerjack, super duper,  cat's pajamas magnet.
Wait cat's pajamas let me delete that.
See you next week.

27 comments :

  1. The rubber duck derby sounds exciting! Momma says they did something like that in Chicago when she lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a sea of yellow rubber ducks, amazing and all fur a good cause!
    What a great giftie frum Lassie and Benji, aren't they just wonderful
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea for a serious cause!
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ringy-dingy-my good fellow...just look at all the rubber ducks in yellow! Why, that photo from last year...I have never seen so many rubber duckies in a river before. BOL What a FUN way to help those in need. I love that magnet too...Lassie and Benji are such good pals!
    Your friend until the end
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sw. Wm!
    Wow, that's so cool! My mom now has that Bert & Ernie song stuck in her head. BOL I'd love to see that fun swimmie event. OMD I love your magnet too! Lassie and Benji are super furiends fur sure.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Combine the 2 events. "Demolition Ducky".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet William and Lee I will cross my paws and Mom will cross her fingers and toes and send prayers that you will win first place. You would be able to move and not worry about selling you home. You could even hire people to do the yard work and house work and not move at all. That was very nice of Lassie and Benji to send you a gift.
    Your Friend
    Bentley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bentley we know miracles do happen but if you ever saw in the furs all those duckys why it would have to more than a miracle. Lee is beginning tomorrow a round of twelve weeks intense physical therapy to try and reset her mind, inner ear balance and vision. They still are not working together. We definitely need moved but doubt if it will ever happen.
      You remembered our wish to move.
      TFBAF
      Sweet William

      Delete
  8. Hari OM
    OMDness that is just so wonderfurs!!!!!!! So very sorry to hear of the loss of a friend, but it does bring home the need for assistance all in strife. Big Highland Huggies and waggles tae yae laddie, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lassie and Benji are the bestest! Now we can't stop singing that song!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have something similar around here! We will keep out paws crossed that you win!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. is that the big duck we have seen in all different places around the world?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one huge duck! We hope your ducks win! But anyway, at least you know you'll be helping peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one cool duck wearing shades too.
    Woohoo for great mail from good buddies
    Hugs
    Madi your bffff

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't resist.

    AFFFLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sure is a HUGE duckie on top of that building. We are keeping our paws crossed that you can win the grand prize.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one big ducky. I have one but it isn't near that big. Wow!!! I love your special mail. Having great buddies(like you) is the bestest. I will see you at the Derby. Angel Sasha and I will be around in our food truck.

    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWSA!! I loves that rubber ducky regatta!!! We have them here too..though I thinks the rivers are all too low to do it this year because of the drought...*sniff, sniff*.
    Anyhu, Ma forgots to send in my pic to race, so if you needs any help with the 'dirty work' just let me knows, and I'll be your wingman! um, woman..um person..whatever...☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a fun way to raise $$ for the homeless.

    Thanks so much fur your kind words and POTP. I am slowly getting better:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That picture of all those rubber duckies from last year is pawsome! That sounds like a fun event! Hope your sweet ducks bring home those extra sweet big bucks! Glad you got the magnet. You are a pawsome friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of the Rotary Clubs in this area does a duck race, too. We however, like our ducky that quacks when we bite it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got this e-mail from Noodledog ~~~~~

    Sweet William and Lee.
    My mom was in Vegas last week and tried to buy some rubber ducks. She couldn't find any. Now we know why, they are all your Nati City!

    Nessa Noodledog

    Ps. Don't tell mom I can type with my nose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow that's a lot of Rubber Duckys! Hope you're not too busy at the Demo Derby and have some free time to spend with Bella. That sure is a nice Scottie Magnet from Benji and Lassie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is one giant rubber ducky Sweet William! Hope you and Lee have been well. We have been away from blogville for awhile and wanted to stop by and say hello.
    Luvs
    Marty, Mom and the Gang

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! What great pics! And that is some serious sized rubber duck! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete